It's going remarkably well. We've had a few embarrassing moments: wetting the floor at the Christian Bookstore, as well as the oil change place, but generally, she's doing really well. Last night, Mom & Jim were in town and we went out for a celebration dinner in honor of the closing on the fortress. We went to a kind of fancy restaurant called Carnival Brazilian Restaurant. They have a HUGE salad bar and hot bar, which is one menu option, or you can go all the way, and add their meats, which means that you can get a slice of meat or a piece of kabob from these "gauchos" that travel around from table to table with things like chicken wrapped in bacon, pork tenderloin, lamb, sirloin, swordfish, barbeque ribs, and prime rib. Mmmmm! Very delicious! At one point, I asked Matt if he thought you had to have an outrageous accente to apply for the job.
It's not a super kid-friendly place, so I was quite surprised to see that they had a family restroom with a little potty, fun art on the walls, and a step up to a brightly colored sink. Maia made 4 visits to the bathroom, in which she pooped, peed, then just messed around the other two times.
This is only the second time she's used the toilet in a public place, (not that we haven't tried many of them!) and we spent the last two days at my mom's where I took the potty chair along, and she didn't have a single accident! We still have her wear a diaper at night, because she never wakes up dry yet. She did go one night dry without a diaper, but I can't get her to go before bed (if it's not her idea, she's not going to do it), so we'll wait with that step.
I've also noticed that if she's wearing a diaper, she'll use it. If she's not, she's getting pretty good at holding it- and doing a lot of potty dancing, while telling me repeatedly that she does not have to go.
Anyway, I feel like it's going pretty well. I've held my patience relatively well (I did loose it a little at the oil change place- I had just sat her on the potty not 30 seconds before she let loose on the floor only 10 feet away), and I did NOT buy new diapers at the grocery store yesterday. I think we're almost officially past the baby stage. Not that I didn't like the baby stage, but everybody has to grow up, and we'll enjoy each phase as it comes.
Even potty training.
No comments:
Post a Comment