I get two weekends this week. On Wednesday, I took the kids to my mom's and helped out with Casey & Heidi's kids for a couple of days. Casey's in Nevada doing some computer-y, business-y thing. Heidi was taking a class (teacher continuing education) at Sertoma Park here in Sioux Falls. Mom thought she and Jim were going to be able to cover the schedule between the two of them, but then some things came up, so they needed a little extra help. Of course, my extra help meant extra work as well, because I brought my two crazies along.
Actually, this is the first year that we're starting to see the cousins on this side of the family really getting along. Rylie & Maia paired up and did girly stuff together, and Chase just followed Xander around where ever he went.
The girls and I played princess dress-up party, which was fun, we grabbed a couple of my old dresses from the downstairs closet, my prom dress from my junior year, which is white and lacey with lots of layers and ruffles (for Maia), and my orange semi-maternity bridesmaid's dress from Casey & Heidi's wedding (for Rylie). I made some major adjustments in both dresses so they could wear them without tripping over them. Then we went up to grandma's closet and found shoes and scarves and jewelry to complete the ensembles. They were so cute! Jim, email some of those pictures so I can post them!
When it was time to go on Thursday afternoon, I loaded all 4 kids in my car, then took them to Sioux Falls to meet Heidi. Xander got to sit in the front seat, which made him feel pretty special, and both Chase & later Maia fell asleep, so everyone was ready to get out and play when we got to the park. Matt met us there, then Heidi finished up with her class and came and met us. We played for a while, then went to Cici's Pizza for supper together. Fun couple of days!
Now it's Saturday, and we have another weekend ahead, but it's just raining.... Yuk. Matt already went for a 40 mile ride this morning. Boy, was he a mess! We might go to the Cinedome at the Washington Pavillion and see the I-Max movie they're playing there- all about the Tour de France. We've got a bunch of little things to get done too. We have an outdoor service for Good Shepherd tomorrow. Hope it quits raining. The forecast is somewhat ambiguous. We're doing a service in the morning, then having a German ethnic food festival that afternoon, with music and inflatables for the kids.
Hopefully it will be a fun day, not all waterlogged. It's funny, here in SD, we complain about being too dry all the time, but when it rains it messes up all our plans...
No comments:
Post a Comment