We're not off to a very good start. Xander says he hates today because I'm being a pain.
I'm not sure how to be in a good mood when Maia defies me at every turn. She is SO DISOBEDIENT. I have not felt very patient or kind today. I had to stop the car on a very busy street because she took her seatbelt off and refused to let Xander help her put it back on. She hits Xander repeatedly, just for the sport of it, which really offends Xander more than hurts him, but succeeds in making him really mad.
I'm trying to be patient on the potty training front, and to be honest, as long as we are home, she does a pretty good job. At Wal-Mart today, I took her to the bathroom 3 times before I finally just gave up and put a diaper on her. Sure enough, about 3 minutes later, it was wet.
If she does not get her way, whether it's having a toy, candy, eating a certain thing for dinner, blowing bubbles or whatever, she throws a huge screaming fit. It's great.
Meanwhile, Xander's shut himself in their room and refuses to eat supper because his whole first day of summer is ruined. My fault, of course.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I'm feeling pretty fruitless about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment