Friday, June 22, 2007

Painting Furniture

I got tired of packing. I started thinking about the kids' rooms, and decided that we can make do with the furniture we have for them, but some face-lifting needs to happen.

Maia's going to have a princess room (surprise!). Her walls will be a light pink, and her furniture will be white. I am putting an old dresser of mine in her room, and this week, I sanded and painted it all white, and it looks like a completely new creation. I'm also thinking I'll move her into the full-sized bed that we have (out of the toddler bed she's ignoring in favor of Xander's top bunk), and paint the headboard for that white as well. She's got enough stuff to fill up the rest of the room, so I think she's set.

Xander wants a bright lime green color called, "Zippidy-doo-dah" in his room. I think the walls will be a little less intense than that, but we'll accent with bedding for him (this poor kid has had this cool bunk bed for years now, but not so much as even a bed spread to put on it). And all his furniture will be black. We've got some black and pewter-looking shelves, and I'm planning on painting his dresser black.

I'm going to start that project today. I can't figure out how to get the drawers out of the dresser, which seems odd. Maybe it's because it was actually purchased at a furniture store (not by me- I was a hand-me-down from some classy friends), it seems quite solidly built.

We'll see how today goes, trying to keep the kids out of the black paint.

No comments: