I just found out that one of my dearest friends, Melissa had a miscarriage on what would have been her 4th baby.
I don't know how to pray except, "Jesus help them!" I love Melissa and miss her terribly, but we still talk about once a month or so, and we just talked last week right before her doctor's appointment. She had mentioned that she was hoping they would find a heartbeat, because she didn't really "feel" very pregnant. I think she was in her 11th week.
I'll call her today, as their family is heading to Ohio to visit her sister and parents. You're not supposed to avoid people who are in suffering or grieving, even when you don't know what to say. At least her hubby, Kent has switched his plans and is accompanying the family on this trip, so she doesn't have to be driving.
Please join me in praying for this family, their two oldest kids are also broken-hearted about the loss of their unborn baby brother or sister.
Lord, I pray for healing for this family, for Melissa, as she heals not only physically, but psychologically as well. Thank you that Kent has become extra-attentive to her during this time, which she really needs. I pray that you will be a soothing balm on his heart as well, as it is as much his loss as it is hers. May this weekend be a time when they are away from their regular setting, and can find comfort in You and in each other. Thank You that they have loving, supportive friends and family to help them through this. Give us wisdom as we love them. Carry them, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment