Thursday, May 17, 2007

Matt to the Rescue

Matt's going to have a greater appreciation for me by the time the day's over. He's going to do the grocery shopping. With Maia.

We have a new grocery store in town that is HUGE!!! Not only can you get your groceries there, but they have a liquor store attached, a bank, a medical clinic, a gas station (just out front with discounted gas with grocery purchase)... anyway, it's really big. Matt's never been there, so I typed out the grocery list and categorized the items according to aisles. Aren't I sweet? (And a little anal...)

But the grocery store's not the biggest treat. Going shopping with Maia is the real treat. She loves to use the child-friendly carts in the shape of a school bus or a firetruck or a police car or whatever, but she refuses to stay in the driver's seat. She will hang off the back of the cart, crawl all over the front, walk (slowly) next to the cart and generally make herself very inconvenient. And sometimes she just lays down in the aisle and screams. That's fun too.

My advice to Matt is to take a snack along and sample anything they're giving away free. Food is a good motivator for her. (this could be a problem later, but we'll get past age 3 before we worry about that!)

So we'll see how he's faring at the end of the day. Today is my day at Xander's school, so I'll be gone all afternoon.

In other news, I got two gifts for mothers day: a really luxurious spa package for this swanky spa downtown which includes a facial, herbal body wrap and swedish massage. I also got laryngitis. I'm finally starting to recover my voice, but it was gone completely for a couple of days. Rather inconvenient for a voice teacher!

I'm thankful for one of those gifts. :)

No comments: