Strep throat. Tuesday night, Xander's headache, stiff neck, extreme irritability and later bad breath were all symptoms of strep. Who knew?
He really messed with my morning on Wednesday. I had my first "well woman" exam since shortly after Maia was born scheduled 6 weeks in advance for Wednesday morning because I have a very rare 2 1/2 hours with no kids during that time. But Xander had to stay home from school, and I had to take him to the doctor. I got it all scheduled so that Xander would stay home with Matt's cell phone and I would go to my doctor's appointment. Admittedly, not the best solution, but he seemed to be feeling OK, was not complaining as much, and I really felt it was important to make it to my appointment.
Of course, they did not think my appointment was as important as some lady having a baby, so I went home after only a few minutes of waiting in the lobby.
Got Xander to the doctor, who immediately recognized the symptoms of strep (funny me, I thought he was going to die of Meningitis), and we got him on antibiotics right away.
He's feeling much better now. Got to miss Wednesday and Thursday of school, and was actually looking forward to going back today.
So Thursday afternoon, I started getting a stiff neck, headache, irritable, and stinky breath. I guess it's only natural.
I went to the doctor this morning- I tried just calling to get a scrip called in, but they've never seen me as a patient before, so I had to use my precious health savings account money. I figured while I was there, I'd get him to refill my migraine medicine and might as well cauterize my nose while he was at it. (Last night, I had a gusher that lasted a good half hour, and I've been having nosebleeds every 2-3 days all winter for a couple of years now).
So now, I'm all set with antibiotics for my throat, my nose is a little sore- but not bleeding, and I'm prepared for my next migraine attack. That should carry me for a while. I wonder... when was the last time I went to see the doctor (aside from my "womanly" stuff)? It's been a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment