I have a day off today. I actually have many days off this month (hence the huge number of blog posts in the month of January compared to the rest of the year), but this morning is my treasured time with both kids in school for a couple of hours and nothing expected of me. Usually, I exercise during this time. Sometimes I go shopping, but that's not really an option, considering I'm not making much money this month and our precious renters still are choosing to live rent free.
So I think I'll work out. I'll do my step aerobics video complete with weight training and an abs workout. I work so hard during that video that I actually look better when I'm done- immediate bio-feedback!
OK, so Matt got his W-2 from work this week and we looked at it last night. The good news is, his job is paying more than a starting teacher's salary in South Dakota. The bad news is that there was only $24 paid to Federal for taxes. $24! Crud. I was hoping to use our tax return as a nice healthy down payment on a different car to replace Matt's (a cute little yellow bug), but considering that all our other jobs do not make enough to warrant them holding anything out for taxes, and I'll have to pay self-employment tax (which seems unreasonably high to me), I'm just hoping that we break even or can afford to pay what we'll owe.
In other news, Matt gets to set his "trip goal" for 2008 tomorrow night at work. If he sells enough stuff by December 31, he could win a trip for 2 to some sunny, warm location far from here. I'm counting on it. He said he's looking to see what the lowest possible amount he could set it at would be (slacker!). Maybe only $100 more than he's made so far this month?
OK, well time to get Maia up and start the madness anew.
No comments:
Post a Comment