Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas time has passed...

How sad! We took down our Christmas decorations today. Everything looks so bare and sad now! I must say, Maia is much more help with the "taking down" process than the "putting up" at this age. She can just throw poinsettias in a box, and take the ornaments off the tree without doing too much damage.

Tomorrow is Xander's day to go out and spend his Christmas money. He has $60 plus a $10 gift card to a game store. That is a lot of money for a kid! (Especially a kid in our family!) We had a little talk about tithing and how it's one of God's laws and a way to honor Him with our money, and then we had a little math lesson and he learned how to figure 10%. I was proud of him, he figured it out on his own (even though he claims he just guessed).

Xander has a lot of homework to do to catch up with the 4 days that he was gone. They are doing a money unit in math, and he totally gets how to count coins. Good for him!

In other news, today my cousin, Bil donated a kidney to his 10-year-old daughter, Emma. Emma has an identical twin sister, but Bil wanted to see if he was a match (I can't blame him- I would do anything to avoid having both of my kids have to go through surgery at the same time!). The transplant was this morning at 7:30 am EST at the University of Virginia hospital. By the time I rolled my lazy butt out of bed at 7:30 CST, they were probably done. Our prayers are with them, and I'll post updates as I receive them. It is anticipated that Bil will be able to go home by Saturday or so, but Emma will be in the hospital an estimated 8-10 days.

No comments: