The last week has been snowy but fairly warm. Nice enough to even get me motivated to get the kids up and outside. It also helped that Grandma Marilyn got Xander new snowpants and boots on Monday and brought them up Monday night. Maia & I went out and found a pair of "Cinderella" colored boots for her Monday afternoon, so they're pretty well set.
Maia & I went out on Tuesday and she played with a sand shovel in the backyard while I scooped a little snow off the driveway and sidewalk. That kept her entertained for a long time.

On Friday after school, we went and picked up Xander and then headed out to church because they not only have sleds we can use, but a nice hill to use them on. Maia fell asleep on the way there, so Xander played by himself on the hill for a while until she got up about an hour later.


I was sitting in the car warming up and keeping a sleeping Maia company while I watched Xander play. He laid down in the snow- probably to rest- quite a few times. Once after a particularly nice wipe out, he flopped down in the snow and made a snow angel. At least, that's what he was trying to make. What do you think?

I'm thinking it's more of a snow octopus?
After Maia woke up, I bundled her up and we took the other sled down the hill together a few times. Xander wanted to see if it would work to get all three of us on one sled, which we then did until little Maia was just shivering and it was time to pack it up.
I didn't get any pictures of Maia on the sled because I was always with her. I got the honor of carrying her back up the hill every time too! Got a good cardio workout, huh?
Here we are back in the "warming house" (AKA church) after all the fun.

Today, the wind changed, and we have a high of 15, which we reached by 9 am, then it's just supposed to get colder for the rest of the weekend. All of next week looks pretty cold too, so I'm glad we got out when we did.
1 comment:
How fun! It's cold here too--right now it's 13 with a wind chill of -3. But we don't have the snow, just flurries. For the best, that way I don't have Will asking to go out and play in it!
Post a Comment