Xander stayed home from school on Thursday and Friday, and pretty much acted like a potted plant for 3 days. Both Maia & Xander had nasty head colds, but I found it interesting how they responded differently to the same virus.
Xander got all pale and limp, turned green a few times, tried unsuccessfully to throw up, went to bed early, got up late and stayed in one place for most of 3 days.
Maia went insane. She loved the sound of her funky new voice, so she coughed and sang and made funny noises in her croaky little voice. She had an energy overload, and requested about 300 times to go outside and play in the snow (the answer, an emphatic "NO!"), and "helped" me in the kitchen doing dishes, making brownies, etc.
Maia also chose to take medicine out of a medicine cup instead of a dropper for the first time. She used the dropper to drink water (one teaspoon at a time). Soon they'll both be driving. *sigh*
Both kids seem to be feeling better today (Monday morning), so all told, things could have been a lot worse! Our friends, James & Tina are heavy in our prayers for their son Alex, who is in the hospital with a bone infection. Please join us in praying for them.
Neither Matt or I caught the cold the kids had (knock on wood), but that doesn't mean I haven't been lazy. I have. Sadly, I suppose I'm going to have to get myself off the couch and go outside and play with Maia in the snow today- provided we still have any left. I think it rained last night. I'm just glad it's above freezing. First time in about a week and a half! Balmy!
Matt starts his new position as Bike Manager at Scheels this morning. For various reasons, he only slept about 4 hours last night, so he should be a walking zombie by the time he gets home.
We have our first full staff meeting at Mercy tonight. We will meet with Lee & Crista Saeger (youth), Amy & Charles Miller (children), Shel & Anne Boese (senior pastor) & I don't know who else. Maybe more. We don't have the best staff communication really. So far.
But things are going really great at Mercy, and I have to say, I love this church. It's messy and small and doesn't have money to throw around, but it's loving and worships with abandon, and it's all "post-modern" and such. Solid leadership and theology, humility, missions-minded, lots of baby Christians and lots of very mature ones as well. Good stuff! Plus, they have this awesome band! We're blessed to be a part of the work going on at Mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment