Monday, June 02, 2008

Rock & Roll Hair

Check out my new doo. I'm a rock & roll mommy.



This haircut and color cost me less than $15, and 4 voice lessons. One of my college students, Anna, has been through beauty school and wanted to keep up lessons in the summer. I agreed to work the barter system with her, so she doesn't have to pay for lessons, and I don't have to pay for haircuts. How cool! What am I going to do when school starts again? I finally found someone who really cuts my hair well.

So, I wanted to get a funky cut because I have a class reunion coming up in July, and it's imperative that I look ultra weird for my high school reunion. I have a reputation to uphold.

The story of getting my hair colored and cut is actually quite amusing. Anna met me and the kids at Sally Beauty Supply this morning at 9:15, we picked out the color, then went back to our house and she did a "Malibu" treatment which had to stay on my hair under the dryer for about 45 minutes. We went ahead and did her voice lesson while I was wearing a bag-style old fashioned hair dryer with a hose attached. With my ears sticking out so that I could hear her sing...

Then she did the cut and started in on the color/ foiling process, which took until after my 1:00 lessons showed up. That's right. I have a young pair of sisters who come at the same time for piano lessons, one goes first, then the other. I still had foil on my head and was back under the dryer when they arrived. Never had a piano lesson like this, have you? After the color was done processing, I had the student work fingerings on her right hand while we rinsed and conditioned, then I sat in my chair and let Anna blow dry and style my hair while I finished both girls' lessons. At least it was all done by the time their mom showed up to pay.

I guess I'm just not like other piano teachers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! And I wish you were my piano teacher! You're keeping it fun.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You definitely rock the cool hairstyles! My life has missed having a funky and dramatic friend in it; I'm glad I've finally found one again!

And no, you are not like any piano teacher I ever had. :) The mental images are leaving me in stitches!