Sunday, April 29, 2007

Visit from Grandparents

We had a fun day today, Dad & Marie came over from Mitchell for the day. We had church this morning, which they came in time for, then went to Falls Park with a picnic and had fried chicken, potato salad, Asian summer salad, fresh fruit and veggies and dip. It was all really good, and worth the hours of effort I put into it yesterday.

It was really hot - around 90 degrees, so once we were done eating, we sat in the shade and talked for a while, while Xander climbed on rocks and threw a frisbee at his sister. We had some ice cream before we left.

Maia was kind of funny with the ice cream. She wanted "the pink kind," so she got strawberry ice cream. She liked the ice cream part, but was less enthused about the actual strawberries in the ice cream. She solved this dilemma by licking around the big chunk of strawberry on the top of her cone. After she had been at it a while, she was left with a pillar in the center of her cone with a strawberry balancing precariously on top. We tried to convince her to eat the berry, but the answer was a resounding "NO." I rescued her by eating the offensive fruit, and she proceeded to finish her cone with no more issues- except a lot of pink all over her face.

After the park, we drove over to look at the fortress, and show Dad & Marie where we will be living starting in July. Then we went back to the house- had to turn on the A/C! and had some lemonade and Dad set me up with my "new every two" phone. I now have the same kind of phone as Matt. He downloaded a cool ring tone (Queen singing "I Want To Ride My Bicycle")- perfect for him. Maybe I'll do the same... if I can figure out how. I did figure out how to take pictures, and use the voice dial command. Kind of cool.

Called Mom, and we did our usual weekend chat. It looks like we're going to get a couple of weeks of leeway between the current renters having to move out and us moving in. For cleaning and painting. (Painting! Her words, not mine! Yey! No more white walls!)

We're just hanging out at the house and vegging for the night. Nice to have Matt home for the weekend!

No comments: