OK, so today I was at the grocery store, and I ran into my first college roommate. I haven't talked to her since about halfway through our year together as roommates.
Yeah, we did not have the best freshman roommate experience with each other.
Seeing her today was so weird! We both knew the other one was in town somewhere because she overheard one of my student's parents (who later told me about the conversation) talking about their daughter's "fabulous voice teacher, Amy" at kids' swim lessons last summer. She did a little asking and sure enough, it was me! HAHAHAHA!
ANYWAY, I saw her in the grocery store today and she came up and hugged me and we caught up with each other a little bit, then she said, "I just want to apologize for being a crappy roommate!" I said, "I was a crappy roommate too!"
It was so cool! Not that we were horrible shrews to each other at age 19, but the apology and healing part. And the fact that horrible shrew-like people can grow up to become loving and forgiving and... well, just different. Walls just came down. I love how God is continuing to heal past hurts in my life and shore up things I didn't even realize were still issues. Cool.
Thanks God!
No comments:
Post a Comment