This is quite an undertaking, the entire elementary school is in a musical every year. The Kindergarten through 3rd grade act as a "chorus" and each class dresses as one of the characters in the play and helps them sing their songs, so the Kindergarteners were all dressed as either Little Red or the Huntsman, the first grade (Xander's class) was the "life of the forest"- so they were trees and flowers, the second grade were grannies and grampas- they all wore grey t-shirts, had "age lines" painted on their faces, and the girls had shawls and shower caps on, while the boys had grey in their hair and wore little half-glasses. The 3rd grade was dressed in wolf costumes.
My camera didn't take very good pictures in the dark auditorium, and I didn't actually bother getting any pictures of the actors up on the stage (4th and 5th graders), but here's some of the forest. I did the intricate artwork on the cheeks of the girls! (It's great, I know. I'm up for an Oscar)
Xander and buddy, Isaac
In Marion house news, we now have renters with their stuff in the house, I have received the paperwork and the first rent check, and the place is ALMOST livable. The back window was fixed, the plumbing replaced, the water heater installed, but now we have to update a little bit of electrical so that the water heater can be used. A pretty easy fix, I'd do it myself if I was there, but will once again have to call on the kindness of friends to finish the work.
In Sioux Falls house news, after offering and counter-offering all week, Mom & Jim finally settled on a price for the "fortress" as we affectionately call it. We are looking at a move-in date of July 1. Should be a busy weekend. We get to do a church service at Falls Park that morning during an event called Artfalls. We will accept help with moving! :)
We're pretty excited to get into the bigger place, though the idea of a larger rent payment, coupled with significantly lower lesson income for me, as well as starting Maia in preschool in the fall and picking our student loan payments back up has me a little nervous- but God has proven himself faithful time and time again, so I should stop worrying.
Yesterday, Mom was in town for an awards ceremony, and she came by afterward and we picked up Xander after school then went over to Falls Park for a couple of hours. Xander wasn't sure how much he would like Falls Park because there's no playground equipment there, but he entertained himself playing on the rocks quite sufficiently. Grandma treated us to ice cream for supper at the Overlook Cafe. We had a good time and were bone tired when we got home. At least I was, Maia was wound up tight. She took a nice long bath, splashed water all over the bathroom, and then went to bed without too much fuss when we got home.
We're thinking we might go back to Falls Park tomorrow afternoon and have a picnic when Grandpa & Grandma Eitemiller come over for the day.
Dad & Marie are coming for church tomorrow morning, so that will be fun. Of course, tomorrow is one of those days when we will go without a practice because we couldn't find a time to do one this week. Hope we don't suck.
Today is supposed to be "sleepin' in day" at our house. I woke up at 5:30. What's that about? The kids are making noise in their room- started about 7:40, and Matt's still zonked out. He has the whole day off (well, almost) and we might try to go for a family bike ride this afternoon. I have not actually ridden a bike since before I got pregnant with Maia. We'll see how long I last. At least Xander will be riding too, so I'll see if I can last longer than him. Doubt it. Maia gets to ride in the trailer. Lucky.
Guess it's time to round up the troops for breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment