The theme was a pirate party, and the kids were encouraged to dress as pirates, so I got Xander all dressed up- 'cause dressing up is a favorite thing of mine. Then Maia didn't want to miss out on all the fun, so she got to be a girl pirate. Xander let me put the shirt and vest, bandana, hook and eye patch on him, but he drew the line at jewelry... sigh. I guess that's OK.I took him over to the park (just blocks from our house) and started to get a little nervous because none of the other kids that were there had costumes on... including the birthday boy! But it didn't take long for the pirates to start invading.

Tommy

Xander & Jaxon
And the kids that didn't come with costumes got some representative pieces like clip-on gold earrings (see, jewelry IS a part of a pirate costume!), and eye patches.

Leo

Brody
Somehow, some kids got ahold of swords, so we got to have some epic sword-fighting going on.


It was a drop-off party, but they played with water balloons, bobbed for apples, did a treasure (scavenger) hunt and knocked down a pinata. Maia & I went home, she took a nap and I cleaned the house because we had company come over after supper. When we went back, they were just finishing presents and cake & ice cream.

Mason


Cole (birthday boy)
By the time Maia had taken her nap, she was no longer in the mood to be a pirate, so we got her in the stroller and walked back to pick up Xander, play on the slides and stuff, then come home. A fun time was had by all, matey!
No comments:
Post a Comment