Ah! I have a day off today. It was a little unexpected. I kind of scheduled Fridays to be my day off, though I wound up at Xander's school last Friday because I switched commitment times with another parent.
I have a few things to do, make some phone calls, get the brakes on the car looked at, etc. But otherwise, I don't have a whole lot on the schedule. Plus I can't find the cell phone, so it's kind of hard to make the phone calls I need to make. So I'm finally catching up on my blogging.
I'll attend my first USF departmental this afternoon, though I'll have to take the kids. I don't have any students singing on this one, so it will be a good chance for me to just observe and learn the proper protocol. A departmental is a department-wide recital for students taking any kind of private lessons. They usually are treated formally, the students have to dress up, have an accompanist, perform from memory (piano and voice only, I don't know why instrumentalists rarely have to memorize, but they don't) take a bow, etc. The students have to do one per semester, so the departmentals in the first few weeks are usually pretty slim in numbers, because nobody's ready to perform yet.
I only have 2 lessons today, but they're not until this evening.
Matt's out for a bike ride, he's worried about getting more than 75 miles in this month, and the weather last week was so rainy and cold, he didn't get out at all. Today is beautiful, however, and we're supposed to get into the 60's, so he'll take that opportunity to get out.
Maia's already watched 2 movies, and I'm still not completely done with getting myself ready for the day (haven't dried my hair or put on any makeup), so I suppose I need to get moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment