Yesterday, Matt & I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.
14.
I feel really old! Next month will mark 18 years since we started dating!
But we had fun anyway. We had some expert babysitters (my dad and step mom came up for the evening), went to see "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" (I think I liked the first one better), then did a little shopping at the mall and went to have sushi at a wonderful little Japanese restaurant downtown.
This was only my second experience in eating sushi, the first was at a little restaurant in Greeley, CO. Because if you want to eat really fresh raw fish, Colorado and South Dakota are the places to do it! We got a sample platter of sushi and a sample platter of deep fried fish. The first fried thing I bit into had long stringy tentacles! I was surprised at how tender the raw fish was, especially the tuna. I guess I expected it to be really rubbery and smell like the Missouri River or something. I did not like the texture of the squid, but the tuna, salmon, scallops, shrimp, and eel were all very good. (We had a map, or I wouldn't have been able to identify the fish except by color- Mmmm, pink). And I feel fine this morning. I'm not sure about Matt, he's still asleep. (Coma?)
In other news, we get to have Xander's Open House carnival at school today. He'll get to meet his teacher, and find out which classroom he'll be in, hopefully meet some classmates, then we get to stay for fun at a carnival sponsored by the PTA, complete with inflatables and games and food and stuff. Lucky for Matt (who just LOVES stuff like that), I get to leave early because I have Bible study tonight. He gets to drag the kids home and put them to bed. I get two nights off!
We only have 5 more days until school starts, so we're going to try to use them as well as we can. Matt's off work again today, two days in a row feels like a holiday or something! (If it was a real holiday he'd have to work, but he'd get paid time and a half.)
No comments:
Post a Comment