Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Magical Land of Oz

Today was the day of All City Elementary's annual all-school musical. They have a series of 4 musicals that they do on a rotation. Last year was "Little Red Riding Hood" and this year was "the Magical Land of Oz" (same story as the Wizard of Oz, but with lamer songs).

The way they do it, is each grade gets assigned a role- so this year, the Kindergarteners were trees & flowers, 1st grade was munchkins, 2nd grade was the Citizens of Oz, 3rd grade was flying monkeys. The 4th and 5th graders get the speaking roles. I volunteered to help with makeup for both the dress rehearsal this morning and the evening performance, so I got to see it twice. Matt & Maia came for the morning performance as well, because matt led worship team practice in the evening.

It was fun. The kids did a great job. I might have to help direct in the future. I'm sure it's not an easy job, so I'll save my comments. :)

Here's the 2nd graders at an off-stage moment:


Xander, Alexis and Robert getting ready to go on stage this evening:

No comments: