Wednesday, March 05, 2008

If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry

I try not to complain about the weather around here too often. Nobody wants to hear it, and everyone thinks they've got it worse where they live. But here it is 2 1/2 weeks until Easter, and it snowed last night, going to snow again tomorrow. Today we had a high of 16 degrees and it just doesn't look like spring will ever come.

Depression has set in. That SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? Yeah, we all have it. And we're pasty white ghosts. We need some sunshine around here- the kind that warms things up, not the kind that means it's colder because there's no cloud cover.

I find Matt's approach to handling his attitude amusing. He blames the weatherman. Literally. Poor Jay Trobec! This evening as Matt watched the news, I heard the following things,

"Curse you, Jay Trobec!"

"Oh, now you did it."

"That's it, I'm never speaking to Jay Trobec again."

"Seriously, the only way he's going to get back on my good side is if he comes in and buys a Madone 5.5 full carbon frame..." and blah blah blah bike talk.

"Jay Trobec's off the Christmas Card list."

"Jay Trobec better hope I never see him, or I'm going to punch him in the face."

Now, if you know Matt, you know he's not a violent man. Jay Trobec, if you read this, you really have nothing to fear.

Interestingly, I saw Jay Trobec at a coffee shop a few weeks ago. Kind of weird seeing people from TV out in public. Matt seems to spot them all the time, including one Sunday morning at church when one of the local anchors attended Mercy (not Jay Trobec, thankfully, or there might have been some voilence done in the name of Jesus).

Anyway, I was glad Matt was not with me when I made the local celebrity sighting, or there could have been some serious damage done to his perfect hair and smile.

Jay Trobec, tell the truth. Will spring ever come to South Dakota?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the weather guys for our news goes to our new church. Hard to hold a grudge when he's across the asile from you!

I'm so sorry. You guys "win" for the bad weather. Wish I chould send you to the south for a prize. It's hard with Easter being so early this year. I'm thankful I have boys so I can buy a "spring-y" sweater vest and have them wear long sleeved shirts...we're going to Northern IL, and it'll be COLD there as well.

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't live in South Dakota. God really must have called you back there to move there on purpose... :) OK, I guess family was a big draw, too.

But I agree - I'm ready for Spring, too. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow this weekend. AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

notsilent1 said...

I probably wouldn't be so upset with him if he showed the least bit of remorse for delivering such hateful forecasts. Instead, he just keeps smiling as though he's actually enjoying it.