Isn't it lovely? It holds all my jewelry in a multitude of drawers, with two hidden side doors, and since I've started using it, I haven't gotten my long tangly necklaces messed up as often - and never in storage, just on my neck. Notice the little stool sitting in front of it? That belongs downstairs in the kitchen. It's Maia's "I can't see" stool. She uses it whenever she needs to see what's going on above her eye level. It seems to have a mind of its own, as it will mysteriously turn up in the ideal spot to bark your shin or stub your toe at all hours of the day. Last night, I noticed it in our bedroom.
I should have known something was up, because Maia came downstairs during piano lessons yesterday afternoon announcing that she had a gift. It was the ring box (complete with the ring) that Matt gave me a pearl promise ring in some 18 or 19 years ago. I don't wear it often because pearls are fragile and the ring's sentimental. I saved the ring but let her play with the box and didn't think much else about it.
This morning when I went to put my jewelry on, I found new tenants in my jewelry armoire. Tigger had moved into the earring drawer:
Pooh had completely taken over the watch drawer:
And poor Eeyore had to go to the bottom drawer and displace the pins and brooches:
Maybe I should just rename my jewelry chest, "The Hundred Acre Wood" and put a sign that reads, "Mr. Sanders House" on it.
Would Xander move in too?
No comments:
Post a Comment