Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Latest Thoughts About Europe

Matt I have been discussing and praying a lot about this opportunity to go to Europe (see previous post). Today, my thoughts are this:

The opportunity will still be there next summer. Maybe if we took enough time to plan things out, we could work out a ministry plan that would mean it really would work like a mission trip- especially for Matt. Hey, maybe we could even take a team with us? What if we did that, spent some time studying the language (I've been back into the German textbooks and listening to some confusing tapes from the library), and then Matt could go with the primary objective of mission, while I could go with the primary objective of continuing education?

I talked to one of my colleagues at USF today and she said there's a remote possibility that the school might even put up some money for a trip like that (IF all the full-time facutly haven't used it all up).

So maybe not this year, but I'm still hoping that one of my students will go. It would be a lot more fun with Matt along. He makes everything more fun. Plus, we've always wanted to go to Europe together.

Now to see if I can stay disciplined enough to focus that far in the future... :)

No comments: