I had to take the kids to the doctor this week because both of them showed symptoms of Pink Eye. (Xander was just tired, but Maia really had it). While the nurse was taking Xander's blood pressure, she asked him what he wants to be when he grows up.
Apparently, he's not pondered the question in a while, so when she said, "You're really smart. I bet you're going to be a rocket scientist or something," he thought that sounded like a good option.
I said, "Well, for the longest time, he's wanted to be a garbage man."
She asked him, "Why a garbage man?"
Xander said, "Oh- I can handle extreme stinks!"
I thought that nurse was going to wet her pants, she laughed so hard!
Yesterday afternoon, Matt & I were talking after I got home from work (it was his day off), and Maia was watching "King George and the Duckie" in the other room by herself. Quick synopsis for those of you who have not seen every Veggie Tales movie ever a billion times: It's the Veggie version of the story of David & Bathsheba, only instead of wanting another man's wife, the king wants another man's rubber duckie. It's really quite amusing when you think of the duckies as wives, because they all look the same, and they all just sit on the shelf decoratively and the king gets bored with them pretty fast. ("Those are yesterday's duckies."
Anyway, there's a song where King George (Larry the Cucumber) is singing to his servant, Louis (Bob the Tomato), commanding him to go and get Thomas's duck (Junior Asparagus). The words are:
I must have it, I must get it,
You must go and get it for me...
As Larry's singing these words, Maia's shouting at the TV, "No Warry, be nice! Don't steal!" How 'bout that? She DOES know right from wrong.
As for the Pink Eye, what kind of maniac doctor thinks that it's possible to put eye drops in a 3-year-old's eye? 2 drops in each eye, 3 times a day!? It's really hard when Matt has to work 9 hours a day, so I have to do it myself. Mission accomplished- she's looking much better, and feeling better too.
No comments:
Post a Comment