Sunday, November 11, 2007

Genetics!

OK, so for the longest time, I've said I was genetically a blank carrier for my children because they both look so much like Matt, but I was cleaning out my closet this week, and I finally found all my scrapbook supplies (temporarily lost for the last 2 years since we left Indiana). Check this out (especially notice the teeth):

Xander at age 8 (this year's school picture)
Me at age 8
See? That's the problem, I don't look anything like I did as a kid.

Yep, those big ol' bucky teeth are a gift from me. The dentist says there's enough room for all of them in there, and he probably won't need braces. Fortunately, my teeth are pretty nice looking now, so I could have given him something worse... like his attitude about mornings, or lightning fast temper... oh wait... he seems to have inherited that too.

I was telling my mom this, and she said that poor Xander is about to enter a long, awkward stage until he grows into those teeth. Sadly, he does NOT have genetics on his side for this one. Matt & I were both really ugly middle-schoolers.

Really.

And I'm not posting pictures. Some things are just better left to the imagination. (OK, most of you who read this blog remember the truth and won't argue anyway)

Anyway, I think Xander's pretty cute right now!

No comments: