Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Reutrn of the Missionaries

I got a phone call from Mom when they arrived in the Washington DC airport yesterday afternoon, they flew from Odessa (Ukraine) to Vienna (Austria) to Washington DC, to Chicago, to Omaha. I don't know if they're home yet as of this morning, there was a good chance of an overnight delay in Chicago. At least they stayed in a hotel with soft beds and -very important- air conditioning last night, whether in Chicago or Omaha.

Mom told me some of the low-lights of the trip included temperatures of 115 on average every day they were there, and of course, NO A/C. Also Jim had a little mishap and wound up needing stitches in his head, so they got to visit a Ukrainian hospital emergency room, which was an interesting adventure.

I didn't get much about the rest of their trip, but I'm sure that will come. The positives are bound to come out eventually, right?

We're glad they're home, and in one piece- even if the piece is sewn back together.

No comments: