Story time




Cowhand in a Spiderman Cap

From when we tried Matt's goatee on everyone in the family

First dance with Daddy


Aw, aren't they sweet?
I have an announcement: I have all my Christmas shopping done. Ahhhh! What a nice feeling. OK, a nagging little voice tells me I have one more gift to buy- for my brother. They were out of what I wanted to get him when I went this week, and now I have to wait for another paycheck. AND I have to get some stocking stuffers. I am so going to take it easy with those this year! I went a little overboard last year, so I'm limiting it to $25 each. I buy my own stocking stuffers, that way I get what I want. That's not really the point, is it? Oh well.
We have an interesting Christmas eve/ day planned this year, we are going to do our Christmas eve service at Mercy- surprisingly traditional because we're doing a joint service with the Mennonite congregation that owns the building we're meeting in. After that, we're heading over to Bruce & George's (Matt's folks) to spend the night. The interesing thing is that they won't be there. They're going to Fort Dodge to stay at Papa Svale & Gramma Katie's, where we'll go the next day. Apparently, Rena & Troy & kids (Matt's sister's family) are going to do the same thing! So we'll have Christmas morning with cousins and Aunts and Uncles, then head over to see grandparents later. I guess we'll have to take our stockings with to Grandma Georgie's and see if Santa can find us there!
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Maia's big Christmas present. She's getting a SpongeBob toddler bed. I'm not taking that with us to Fort Dodge! I was thinking how cool it would be to have it out in the living room under the tree (well, not all the way under) on Christmas morning, so the kids could wonder how Santa got it down the chimney. But we're not going to be here. I don't really want to give it to her before we leave, because she'll want to sleep in it, and that would be mean. So I think we'll set it up under the tree for when we get back with a note from Santa.
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures--especially the first dance. Boy has she gotten big! Sounds like a fun but crazy Christmas--glad you don't have to drive 14 hours or so to get there first! Tina
Post a Comment