Sunday, June 25, 2006

Drummer Boy

This morning in church, Xander was really rockin' out to the worship music. He was standing on the chairs and drumming along with the beat. Afterward, our guest drummer, Steve, asked whose kid that was. I said he was mine, and he thought he was great. I think he had more fun watching Xander than playing the music! He asked if he could give Xander a pair of sticks. I went and got Xander and he was very polite, but really excited to get a real pair of drumsticks (that hadn't been used the point of breaking then taped back together, like the ones in my old office at Hanfield). Steve told Xander that he was 7 when he got his first drumset... I hope there's no expectation for a drumset to go in our apartment... Maybe the garage? Steve was impressed with Xander's rhythm, and encouraged us to get him started drumming soon. Real drummers are born, not made.

Here's a reenactment of Xander pretending to drum,


And here's Xander with his cool new sticks.

No comments: