After church on Christmas Eve, we drove to Yankton to my parents' house, where Santa had already been by 8:00! The kids got to open 1 gift each (that's when I got my new camera), and their stockings.
Maia had a Princess camera in her stocking that says things like, "Oh! You look wonderful!" (particularly funny on Christmas morning when none of us looked wonderful), and "You're as pretty as a princess!" (Which it seemed to say to Xander EVERY time Maia took his picture)
Santa ALWAYS leaves socks and underware in our stockings at Grandma's house. Here's Xander proving that he's Grandpa Bruce's boy at heart.
Maia was thrilled to get a Hannah Montana Barbie- another one (she got one from Uncle Casey & Aunt Heidi too). This one sings.
Xander was excited to get "Prince Caspian" on DVD. Funny because the first Narnia movie was playing on Grandma's TV when we got there.
I think this picture could have happened in 3 different variations. The boy is OBSESSED with Bionicles.
We had a nice Christmas Day- got to watch Grandpa go out on the deck in his bare feet and chase the turkeys away- but one was really confused by the plexiglass on the deck... Matt took some video with our new camera, but I'm going to have to try to figure out how to upload it.
We had our traditional steak dinner, and WAY too much Christmas goodies.
We had to go home early on Friday morning so that Matt could work 8 hours, then the kids & I picked him up after work and we headed to Matt's folks for the next 24 hours or so.
Xander hit the jackpot there- I think his favorite gift of the year: The Bionicle Movie!
He watched it twice in the time we were at Grandma Georgie's.
Maia got some Princess art supplies from her artist grandparents. But the pictures all look terrible. (The ones I took, not the artwork she made... better make that clear!)
Maia & Xander had great fun with their cousins, Cassie & Lexi, and Grandpa Bruce, going out sledding in the pasture. Luckily, the extreme cold spell we had from the week before had broken, but the day before we got there, almost all the snow melted. The kids found a way to sled anyway, and had great fun!
Cassie whimped out first, so I didn't get any pictures of her, but Grandpa got in on the action too!
No comments:
Post a Comment