So, I've been asked to be a speaker- a SPEAKER- (not just a singer) at our Co-Workers (the Mennonite women's group) soup and salad supper this evening.
Anne (pastor's wife) called me last week and asked if I'd be willing to share what I do with the group. They have this annual soup & salad supper and usually ask someone who has a particular skill set to come in and share about what they do, maybe have a little interactive activity together. Last year Anne (an artist) was the speaker and had everyone make greeting cards just in time for Mothers Day.
The funny thing is, I came up with my idea about what to talk about 2 weeks before I was asked. The Lord is funny that way, huh?
Anyway, I'm going to be using voice lessons as an allegory for spiritual growth. I've got 2 college students who are going to come in and be guinea pigs for me, I'll talk about Breathing (being filled with the Holy Spirit), Trust (chipping away at layers of bad habits), Baggage (emotional strongholds), Language (going deeper into God's Word), Resonance (finding your fit in ministry), and Performance (trials and temptations/ refinement). I'll use my students as examples and let them sing a few songs. We'll end with a short mini-recital. I think it'll be really fun.
So today, I should be working on refining my outline instead of blogging about this.
1 comment:
You'll have to tell us how it goes!
Post a Comment