15 years.
I know! Am I really that old? That's what you get when you get married so young.
We spent the day shopping for new bedding in our master suite. Our anniversary gift to each other. We finally found one we like. It looks mostly like this. This one came from Bed Bath & Beyond, but they didn't have it in Queen size, so we got a very similar one at Target. I did get that funky brown pillow in the front plus a couple more. Boy, throw pillows are expensive! Also, we got chocolate brown sheets instead of tan.
So now I can finish decorating the master bedroom suite. Meaning I can pick paint colors and get the junk cleaned up from in there. It is currently the repository of all our framed tabletop pictures as well as the bazillion books we don't have bookshelves enough for. Big challenge!
So this morning, Maia threw up on my new comforter. She's fine, but I'm a little grumpy that she chose my new comforter to puke on. Not her disgusting stinky blanket that spends more time in her mouth than anywhere else, not even the eternally stained carpet in front of the TV that needs to be covered with a rug anyway ... nope. My new comforter. Now I have to figure out how to wash it. Luckily, we're taking a little trip to Grandma Marilyn's this weekend, and she has large capacity, front loading washer & dryer that will probably handle it. Look out, Grandma, I'm bringing 3 comforters to wash (old one, new one and down-filled one)
It's good to have these connections.
Speaking of connections...
This morning, I met with several other voice teachers from Sioux Falls, and we had a lovely brunch at one of the teachers' house. There were 8 of us there, including a few new ones. Nice to get networked and share information a bit.
We have a back-to-school ice cream social at All City this evening. Matt has to go to church for a meeting, so we'll divide and conquer.
Oh, the rest of our anniversary was nice. I taught one lesson in the middle of the afternoon, and "let" Matt do the grocery shopping (a gift in and of itself). I also showed him my Rachel Ray cookbook and let him pick the recipe for supper. He chose "Martini Shrimp and Manhattan Steaks" which were delicious! Also, because there was so much alcohol in the recipe (vodka, lemon zest and chopped celery added to the shrimp cocktail sauce- served in martini glasses with the shrimp hanging over the sides; and pan-seared steaks with vermouth and whiskey as a glaze), I got to light the pan on fire to burn off the alcohol, which set off the smoke alarm. Nothing tasted burnt (even though my skillet looked like a Grandma Eitemiller dinner creation), and even though the kitchen filled with smoke, we really enjoyed our dinner.
The kids had hot dogs. They enjoyed those too. Xander said it was the best meal I ever made.
1 comment:
I like the bed spread! Looks cool & funky--just like you guys.
Xander cracks me up... It reminds me when my dad brought home fresh (live) lobsters from Maine. He cooked them up and Heidi and Doug wanted hot dogs. I enjoyed it though! Silly kids!
Post a Comment