Thursdays are Matt's day off (as of last week), so he gets to enjoy the snow day with us.
It also happens to be payday, and I needed to get groceries anyway, so I joined the throng heading to the local grocery store and muddled my way through every aisle to try and get my regular bi-monthly shopping done. I chose Hy-Vee over Sunshine, even though Sunshine is closer, for several reasons: the produce dept. at the Sunshine just down the street is horrible, and their grocery selection is limited. Also, Hy-Vee has drive-up service, so I didn't have to wrestle a grocery cart out into the slushy parking lot.
Our family's snow day activities include:
Dressing up as/ watching "Snow White"....
Playing computer games....
Laying on the couch with a sore back...
and coloring hair.
Matt & Xander have decided to do a "Star Wars" marathon this afternoon. I'm in an interesting position between the two TV screens to hear "Star Wars" and "Snow White" at equal volumes. So I hear things like:
SNOW WHITE: (Singing) Whistle while you work...
C3PO: R2D2, where are you?
DARTH VADER: Where is the ambassador?!
SNOW WHITE: ah, ah, ah! Not under the rug!
Just seems weird.
Other events in store for the day, house cleaning, making supper (going to try to FINALLY get our upstairs neighbor down to join us for a meal... we're all trapped inside, no excuses this time!) maybe take a nap... try not to drive each other too crazy. Play games, play dollies, draw some pictures... stuff like that.
Looks like we'll get to stay in tomorrow too, if the weather people are right. We'll see how positive the attitudes are by tomorrow evening! Luckily, it looks like the weekend will clear up and we'll have an uneventful (weather-wise, anyway) week next week.
2 comments:
So how much snow do you have to get to have a snow day there? Our snow is finally melting because of the temps in the 50s and all the rain. But we'll go back down to freezing next weekend (and not think about how much snow this would have been if it were below freezing).
Wow... this is weird. I'm not even sure how I ended up here, but HI, AMY! This is Tena Nelson, a blast from your ancient past. I've just spent the last few minutes reading about your life and Awwww-ing over your absolutely gorgeous kids. You look totally the same and completely happy. :) I just couldn't pass through without saying hello. Thanks for making me think of some good times at USD like singing from Secret Garden in your recital and being in Cabaret... was that a million years ago or just yesterday? Take care, and be well! TN
Post a Comment