Friday, July 14, 2006

Job Offer



OK, so this isn't exactly the direction we were thinking, but I got a job offer yesterday. I submitted a letter and resume to the University of Sioux Falls music department as a potential adjunct voice teacher about a month ago, and got a call back yesterday. They must be pretty desperate because I'm going to a cursory interview tomorrow morning and the paperwork has to be turned in on Monday.

So what do we do about the job interview in Nebraska? It's scheduled for the first weekend of August. Good question. I've pretty much just committed us to Sioux Falls for a year.

I'm also in the process of getting Xander enrolled in school, and we're trying to figure out if it's going to be possible to get Matt a fixed weekly schedule at Scheels so that we could potentially do without the added expense of daycare.

Meanwhile, last Sunday, Matt visited a church in Sioux Falls where he applied for a part-time worship pastor job. He really liked the church, and it's my turn to visit this weekend (we are able to continue our commitments at our current church that way). I'll write an update about that after I go. Probably shouldn't form an opinion until I actually go myself.

AND camp is coming up soon! We're so excited to go back to Indiana and lead worship in a wonderful atmosphere with some great kids. Camp has always been the outlet for some more high-energy, rockin' songs as well as a place to really submerge ourselves in the Holy Spirit and get refreshed. Only 10 more days!

No comments: